Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Slower than expected ... Complications

Tammy is almost home. It is about 9 o'clock Tuesday morning. She had to stop last night. We were on the phone until 2ish. She was nervous, and pissed. The truck was really wearing on her. Jim and Deanie left her long before. She was in the mountains with a 23 foot truck pulling car hauler trailer with a mini van on it, with 3 kids and a little dog in the cab. She was on her own, almost. I was her voice in the night. Cell phone reception in those mountains sucked. We got cut off a dozen times. It would take 5 minutes or better before I could get back through to her. They were very very long five minute stretches.

By 2 ish she had made it inside the state line. She tried to stop at the rest area welcome center, but it was already welcoming too many folks. She drove on down another 10 miles and stopped at the next exit.

I told her to stop and rest. She said there wasn't room in the uhaul truck. I was like, ok, sleep in the minivan. They did. They got in the back of the van, bundled up, and got some much needed off the road time.

Through the mountains, the weight of the load kept trying to push her down the down slopes. She had to hold back on it. She couldn't brake all the time or the brakes would get too hot. She had to use the brakes in conjunction with the transmission. I am quite proud of her. She was scared. She had two panic attacks, but she stayed together until she could stop.

She is within 30 to 40 miles of home. The road is better. The sun is up. She is pushing along now about 65 to 70 MPH. She is going home and crashing in the bed. Jim brought the car to work. I told him we could do the exchange tomorrow. He said he would just come to the house and pick the van up there. Way cool.

My baby will be home and safe soon !!!

We will deal with Jim and Deanie leaving her in due time. We will deal with Jim's lack of effort in funding this adventure as well, in due time. He needs his furniture. He needs Tammy's help finding a place. None of that is going to happen until he forks over the money due. Even then, he will get the help he needs and then he can forget our numbers. Tammy has raised herself since she was 10. She doesn't need this tadpole in her life bringing his drama.

Enough on that one. I don't need to waste any more of my time on him.

Tonight, I will sleep beside my hunny again. Life is good.

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

I always said you were an Angel...What would Tammy do with out you?! (And vice versa?! lol) She is an amazing brave woman...I'd have never made a trek like that, as she did. I'm amazed, and totally admire her courage...and inspired by the bond you two have...Thank god for cell phones in the nite..(damn those mountains!)

I luv you two!!
HUGS

Red-tro girl