Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday, here she comes ...

It is Monday morning and my week is starting just fine. First thing when I get to work, the Principal hits me up for a favor. It seems the Auto Teacher won't be in today, and I will have his class. That is an extra 15 to 20 kids added to mine, with nothing that he left for them to do, and nothing my class is doing pertains to them. Add to that that, the cold I am fighting and it promises to be an eventful day. I am starting this post around 8AM. No telling when I will finish it. I will work on it a little at a time as time permits. Fortunately, I do have some new DVD's about workplace principles, interviews, resumes, and stuff like that. They wont pay attention, but they should sit quieter.

Afternoon now ... Morning has gone fine .. Afternoon is progressing about the same. My sniffles are increasing in spite of medicating them. I have warned the Principal that I may be the next MIA.
There is the incident of yesterday to report.

Tammy had to take Chris to work yesterday at 1PM. She picked him up in Nicholasville and delivered him to Winchester for work. When she returned, we were going to the movies to see " Silent Hill". There were 2 boys on the porch visiting Chella. One was a friend of Chella and the other was a friend of his. (one of my pet peeves is friends of the kids bringing friends of theirs to the house. They know them, but they are strangers to us and I don't care for strangers hanging around the house.) The two kids, we will call them D & C, were told they had to leave. No one is allowed at the house when we are not home. They left as we were leaving.

We had been at the movies for about 5 minutes when the kids called from the house wanting to know if they could go walking. "No." They didn't have a key, and I didn't want the house left unlocked.

About an hour later, the phone rings again. Chelsea relates to me what has happened.

D & C came back to the house under the guise of D retrieving his lighter. While there, Kyle was outside and said something to C. C replied that Kyle was getting on his nerves and he needed to shut up. Chella told C, "you aren't supposed to be here anyway so you don't need to be getting on my brother." C responded that he "would kill Kyle and rape her."

Kyle went back into the house, while Chella tried to get rid of the unwelcome visitors. C tried to grab Chella's butt. She stopped him. He grabbed her and bit her neck. Yes, I said he bit her. She slapped him, He came toward her and D stepped in between them. He told Chella to go into the house. She did, and they both left. She told me that they were gone and she and Kyle we inside. We finished our movie and came home.

It was about 45 minutes from the call until we looked at her neck. There was a clearly visible bite mark. There was no broken skin, but a red imprint of teeth. We called the police and issued a report. We will file 4th degree assault charges against this punk. I cannot imagine where some kid could get the idea that behavior like that is acceptable. Even if he isn't convicted, I hope he gets the message. Otherwise, he is well on his path to a life of hardship and prison.

I cannot reiterate to the kids enough how important it is to know who is at our house. I cant reiterate how important it is to follow the guidelines we set down. They are for their protection. They think we are just trying to make sure they don't have any fun, but we are thinking of their safety.

Chella was having issues with the whole incident. Tammy called the rape crisis center and is scheduling an appointment for Chella to talk to them. She was not 'raped' but she was violated. She took several showers and still felt filthy, she said. We assured her that it wasn't her fault. This will give her more positive reinforcement.

That was our weekend. How was yours ?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be in soon, let the mother fucker know I am bringing hell with me....
Russ

Brighton said...

That son of a bitch is just damn LUCKY that I don't live closer. She was violated, no doubt about it. That little piece of shite needs to pay.

Ron Simpson said...

one of the hardest things to do is resist that urge to get that little sucker by the throat and throttle him ... but, we have been telling the kids to trust the law ... and ya can't tell them to trust it if you are not willing to leave the situation in their hands ... of course, we will push the law as hard as we can to see that he isn't just slapped on the wrist.

Retro Girl said...

Thank god the incident didn't go any further than it did. *I read with chills going down my spine*

I hope and pray that the legal action makes this kid realize how serious his words and actions are and the effect on this poor girl...and that NO MEANS NO you little #*&$%@!!..and that the message is clear...before he becomes a predator...

They ought to make these kids go to classes where they have to talk to rape and assault victims so they can see the pain and anquish they cause!!

Fantastagirl said...

New to the blog -
I would have a hard time not taking matters into my own hands...be sure to lean hard on the law - as they need to make sure this doesn't happen again- I think it's wise for her to speak with someone - it may help.