Saturday, September 26, 2020

Screaming


All day scurrying about in the world

Going hurriedly from one task to the next

Keeping my mind focused and tight

Then late when shadows stretch long

The tattered facade falls away at last

Things neatly hidden come out at night


In dreams

In my mind

Screaming

Screaming


I try to wear my best smile

As I am assailed with negativity

So many caught in its crushing delight 

Dropping random vitriolic fodder 

Piling up until my heart is filled

When my mind enters an uneasy respite


In dreams

In my mind

Screaming

Screaming


More with every post, tweet, or meme

Cramming in just a bit more hate

Charging wildly left and right

Measuring out derision and destruction 

Extinguishing candles along it’s path 

The darkness gobbles more light


In dreams 

In my mind 

Screaming 

Screaming 


In my dreams, I am

In my mind, I am


Screaming


Screaming


© Ron Simpson Jr. 

September 24, 2020

No comments: