Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nearing 6 months

6 months ago, before I changed my life, I was wearing pants with a 60 inch waist.

Today, 5 months, 3 weeks later, I put on a pair of pants with a 44 inch waist, and they fit just fine.

The last time I wore pants this size was around the time my youngest (biological) daughter was born. That was late in 1987. Twenty-three years ago, I left size 44 behind. Today, I welcomed it back.

I am 10 pounds away from losing 100 pounds. I am 40 pounds from my one year goal.

Six months ago, I walked with a cane. Last week, for work, I walked 28.6 miles. No cane !

While, literally, my life is much lighter than it was, it is much lighter emotionally as well. I never fully knew the impact my extra weight was having on my life. Looking back, I can just begin to see how far I have come. There is more to come, and more to go in the future.

1 comment:

Patrice and Higgins said...

Wow and yay!! Wow and congrats the the amazing weight loss and yay for almost being at 100 lbs for the weight loss!! Super amazing!