Saturday, January 01, 2011

All I can say is .. Amazing

It has been an amazing 4.5 months.

August 9th, I began a journey. I wasn't sure how it would go but I did have a destination in mind. I decided that, in one year, I wanted to go from 350 pound to 220 pounds. I picked 52 weeks to lose 130 pounds. This would require me to lose 2.5 pounds a week (on average.) I wasn't sure I could do it, but i was sure I couldn't continue as i had to that point.

Most of my jeans were size 58" waist and snug. I did have one pair of navy blue work pants that were a size 60" waist. they fit, but were a little bit loose. My 3XL shirts fit snugly and 4XL's were loose. Since i don't care much for tight fitting clothes, I was a 60" waist, 4XL kind of guy.

It has been 20 weeks since I started. By the numbers:

It has been 38.5 percent of the time I chose. 20/52 weeks
I have lost 60 percent of my goal weight loss. 78pounds/130 pounds
I have lost 23 percent of my total body weight (from 350 to 272.)
My pants have dropped in size from a 60" waist to the 46" waist pants I wear today.
My Shirts have dropped in size from 4XL to 2XL.
My collared dress shirts have dropped from 20 inch necks that I couldn't button to 17.5 inch necks that are loose.

My BMI has dropped from 53.2 to 41.4.

One week into the change, I began walking. In the 19 weeks since, i have walked over 175 miles for my health. i only count the miles I walk exclusively for exercise and not my normal day to day walking (which has increased as well.)

When I look back over the last 4 to 5 months, all I can say is .. amazing.

I give thanks to God and my family for their wonderful support.

2011 looks to be a better year as far as my health is concerned.

Let's see where we can go !!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Ron, you are amazing! What a list of accomplishments. And a gift to your entire family.
Wishing you all the best in 2011.

Venom said...

Hey Ron,

Just wanted to thank you for having VSL on your blogroll, and to let you know that (as my annual blogroll update is in progress) I've added TR to mine.

Check it out under the heading 'My Kinda Poison'.

Hugs,
Venom