Sunday, January 28, 2007

Life gets busier

Things are on the run here as usual, it seems. More and more, busy is the rule rather than the exception. I think it is time to scale back a bit, although I don't see how it is possible.

School is busier than ever. I have been talking to several businesses about co-oping some of our students. I am still working on the fundraising for SkillsUSA and the upcoming trip. Add to that, the brochure I am designing for the school, the five classes I teach, and all the other little things that come with them, and work is like .. Well, like work.

Working for the state, there is a motto: "No good deed goes unpunished." If you do your job well, you get more work to do. If you excel in one area, they try to bog you down in another area. So, being the perfectionist that I am, I am a prime candidate.

The situation at home is busy as well. The news on the Chris front is not good. I won't go into that here. S is still here, still pregnant, and still not working. Every day it seems, one of the kids has something that needs to be done. Some days, we just want to go upstairs, close the door, and hide in the waterbed.

Tammy's work cut hours and they cut her back. She told them if this was going to be the case, she would giver her two week notice. Suddenly, she is back to nearly 20 hours a week. Which, is a good thing. The less time she has to 'hang around' the house, the less time she has to do all the running the kids think is required.

Still, the days get shorter and busier. There is no end in sight in the near future. I can see a vacation looming on the horizon. The next school break of any length will be filled with cabins and woods, even if it is just an hour down the road. I am looking at NC, but will take anywhere that no one can find us. I am looking for a place where, when the cell phone rings, we are too far away to do anything for anyone.

But .. Until then .. Life just gets busier ...

No comments: