Wednesday, March 02, 2011

New weight and thrift store shopping

This weeks weigh-in yielded the following result .. 29 weeks in .. 105 pounds gone !!
We had to go shopping yesterday as only two of my dress shirts now do not look like balloons on me. We got blessed in that one of our favorite thrift stores was having a 'fill a bag for $5' thing. I got six dress shirts and TJ got two skirts and a blouse for $5. That is about fifty-five cents per piece.
We decided early on in this loss thing that we weren't buying new clothes until the weight is gone. Clothes that fit don't seem to fit long, so there is no need to buy new things. I went through my T-shirt drawers last night and culled out over a dozen t-shirts that were excessively large. Being large is not an issue with a t-shirt, normally, but these were hanging down to nearly my knees and sleeves hanging past my elbows as the shoulders didn't fit anymore.
It felt good to cull out clothes because they were too large instead of too small.
I could get used to this.
Well, for at least another 25 pounds, which is how far I am from my goal weight !

No comments: