Monday, March 21, 2011

3 months ahead of schedule

130 pounds in 52 weeks.

That was the the goal.

That was 2.5 pounds per week.

It is easy to set a goal way off in the distant and piddle along. This is what I normally do. I am a procrastinator. I am relatively sure, when I told the wifey that I was going to lose 130 pounds in a year, she was saying in her head, "I'll believe it when I see it." I can't really blame her there. I am a master electrician. When we moved into our house 4.5 years ago, she told me she wanted outlets in the bathroom. This house is over 100 years old and lacking in outlets. I said' "Sure." Do we have outlets in the bathroom yet? "No!"

Don't get me wrong. I am not knocking setting long term goals. I am not knocking setting goals at all. Some people excel with goals; Other people do not.

My short term goal is to lose weight (some) each week. My long term goal is to lose 130 pounds in one year.

In the 32 weeks since I changed my lifestyle, i have not always met that weekly goal. There were 3 weeks when I did not lose any weight. I didn't panic. I continued doing what was right. In the time mentioned I have lost 116 pounds. That is 3.625 pounds per week, or I am at my goal for week number 46 (3 months and one week in the future.)

Since the beginning, my long term and short term goals have not changed, however, some new goals had been added.

One of the new goals is to eat healthy. Another of the new goals is to be more active.

It has become that the process has become the goal. The way to achieve my short term and long term original goals is to eat more healthy and to exercise more or be more active.

I can see the finish line from here. I am 14 pounds from my year goal.

After that, I will work to maintain my weight . I can still lose a few pounds without becoming unhealthy. Eventually. I plan to have the skin removal surgery. That will actually cause the loss of about 15 to 20 pounds more. I am now in the 40 to 42 inch waist pant size. At my goal I will be a solid 40 or 38 inch waist. After the surgery, I will most likely be in a 36 inch waist. I cannot remember when the last time I was in that size.

Anyway, that is the update for this week. Thanks for listening. Thanks for your kind comments.

No comments: