Thursday, October 14, 2021

The Void


From deep within the void I cry out 

The blackness swallows my words 

The flame is extinguished 

As soon as it is issued forth 


There remains no outlet for my pain 

My grief is bottled inside me 

The blackness of my soul resides 

It pollutes the whole of my being 


I am the prisoner of this fullness 

The unending glut of my emotions 

Trudging in the mire of my suffering 

The subsequent demise of my hope 


Who can hear my cries 

When I cannot hear myself 

Who can reach inside 

When I cannot reach out 


Who will feel what is untouchable 

Who will hear what is unspeakable 

Who will know what is unknowable 

Who will see into this darkness 


I am lost and alone 

I am adrift 

In the farthest reaches 

Of my mind 


I am in the void

The void is in me 

I have become 

The void 


© Ron Simpson Jr. 

October 14, 2021

No comments: