Monday, January 11, 2021

Hope


I see you, fear

Skulking around outside

Trying to sneak inside

Trying to taint everything


The shadow you cast is much larger than you are

The pebble becomes a mountainous boulder

The feather becomes an unimaginable weight

The darkness becomes an all-encompassing abyss 

A simple cough becomes a dying last gasp 

A solitary droplet of rain 

portends a violent storm and raging flood


You seek to make the raging flames of hope

Merely an ash covered ember in the final throes of life


Your rains will vehemently beat the earth

As your winds forcefully lash the trees

Breathing out your destruction

In the lives of those which let


You are not as scary as you claim

Your power is in your deceit

It is in your self-replicating lies

It is in the belief of your victims


From my heart I strike at you

From my belief I cast you out

I will not be ruled by your baseless imaginings


I will reignite the fires of hope

I will refill the wells of belief

I will stand in the wind

I will face my storms


I see you, fear 


© Ron Simpson Jr. 

January 9, 2020

No comments: