Friday, April 15, 2011

and the scale moved ...

This morning (not my normal weigh-in day) I stepped on the scale first thing after getting up. My scale (whether it is lying or not, I cannot say) said I had lost 3 more pounds, bringing the loss total to 122 pounds. This is 8 pounds from my goal. This is totally exciting.

Nine months ago, when I began this journey, I didn't see this day. To be perfectly honest, I didn't see me reaching my goal in the year i had planned, but I did see the necessity of setting a long term goal, to keep me motivated. I didn't set an impossible goal. I did set a goal that I felt was obtainable, but still didn't feel I would reach it in the time frame allotted.

However, when I started, the weight came off much more quickly than I imagined.

I am averaging very close to 3 pounds a week, even though there are several weeks where no weight was lost. I did not expect this.

Last week, the scale didn't move.

This week it did.

Of course, nine months ago, I didn't see myself registering for the Bluegrass 10,00 in July, either.

Changes and scale moves ...

No comments: