Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Hill .. revisited

Way back in September, when this walking thing was still new and in its infancy, I tackled a hill that caused me to question whether I was sane or not. Back then, walking over a mile in one trip was still new. This hill was long and steep. It was an uphill battle (literally.)

Today, four months into my walking habit, I tackled it again.

The last time, I thought my legs were going to revolt and find a new, less abusive body to which to be attached. This time, my legs never made a peep. They quietly went along for the walk.

Here are some shots I took on this trip:

This is at the bottom looking up the hill. I was going to be on that bridge crossing the street soon.


This is looking down the hill back toward the house. Take that, hill!


These are shot entering the cemetery and walking around it.






This is the back row of the left side of the cemetery looking into town (on the left side of the road)


This is from the top of the bridge seen crossing the road in the first picture. This is looking back toward the house.


This is a sign inside the cemetery


It was just a little over 2 miles to, around, and back from the cemetery, but it was a great walk. The air was crisp and clean. It was 16° and sunny. I loved it.

No comments: