Thursday, May 14, 2009

wowser

Close Call.

I was driving on the interstate this morning driving to Lexington. A Nissan Xterra passed me at one point. I had my cruise set on 80mph, so he was going 85mph or better. About a minute after he passed me, I came upon the Xterra on it's hood against the median wall divider. I pulled over immediately and back up to see if there was anything I could do. Several others stopped as well. As I was backing up, the drivers door opened and the man driving crawled out. There was not a scratch on him.



He was passing on the three lane highway when someone cut over in front of him, cutting him off. He locked up the brakes and flipped. The cut man kept on going as the Xterra flipped in his rear view mirror. Tadpole. One of the guys that stopped told us what happened as it happened right in front of him. He is in the light blue jeans in the pic.

After making sure he was okay, I left to go on to town to run my errands. On my way back, about 2 hours later, the wreckers were just starting to try to get the Extera up.

Someone was watching out for that guy.

And for me.

4 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

Wow, Ron! I'm glad you are OK. And so is he. Very scary.

Marian Dean said...

What a lucky escape that chap had! God surely was looking out that day for you too. Frequently one sees these accidents on the fast roads, how they happen is sometimes not clear. In this case it looks like plain bad manners. Tadpole, is not strong enough word!!!
Hope all else is well in your neighbourhood.
I keep looking at your lovely drawings, when I visit your blog.
Love Granny

miruspeg said...

This is the second posting I have read tonight about a car wreck and luckily all the occupants were OK.

I think I will take is as a warning!!! I am positive Someone is watching out for you Ron.

Hugs
Peggy

Debbie said...

Oh my Ron. I am so thankful you are OK and that guy was too. What a fright.