Thursday, May 07, 2009

disappointed

My life is all about the disappointment. I was at the grocery shopping with TJ a couple days ago, when I spotted some store made banana pudding. It said it right there on the label. Banana Pudding. It was the size of two moderate serving or one large serving. I bought it. When I finally got to the best part of banana pudding, (the eating part) I was sorely disappointed. In the clear container I could see the vanilla wafers on the bottom. I could see the pale yellow pudding. I guess i should have explored the ingredients more closely. Here is how to make Banana Pudding:

Ingredients:

  • 1 large pkg instant vanilla pudding, (6 ounces)
  • 2 1/2 cups cold milk
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk, (14 ounces)
  • 1 container whipped topping, (16 ounces)
  • sliced bananas
  • vanilla wafer cookies

Preparation:

Mix pudding and milk; add condensed milk. Blend well; fold in half the whipped topping.

Alternate layers of pudding, bananas and vanilla wafers; top with remaining whipped topping and a few banana slices.

Refrigerate overnight before serving.

The stores idea of Banana Pudding: Vanilla wafers and Banana flavored Pudding.

Not vanilla pudding !

No bananas !

I just don't know what the world is coming to when we shortcut the banana pudding!

No comments: