Monday, February 13, 2023

Every Day


You lamented as the day drew closer 

“It’s almost time and I haven’t a clue 

what to get you for Valentine's Day.”


“I know,” you continued, 

“I’ll fix you a great meal.” 


It brought to mind 

The pressure of one day 

To encapsulate and summarize 

The breadth and depth 

Of all love in general 

And of one love in particular 


There would be 

If time and fortunes agreed 

All the grandeur of life 

The pomp and circumstance 

In a most illuminating soirée 


Do not add burdens 

Unnecessarily, to your heart 

Especially in concern 

Of not expressing your love 

In complete adequacy 


Every day 

In ways more than one 

You surround me 

You cover me 

With the entirety 

Of your boundless love 


There is no gift 

Greater than the gift 

Of the love you wield 

From your heart 

Every day 


In every touch 

In every caress 

In every kiss 

Every day 


In every meal 

In every clean uniform 

In every made bed 

Every day 


Not all in one day 

Everything 

Every day 


Everything 


Every day


© Ron Simpson Jr 

February 13, 2023


For my honey 

Valentine’s Day 2023

No comments: