Sunday, November 07, 2010

59 pounds and the next wall to fall

My latest weigh-in yielded the results of 59 pounds lost in 13 weeks. That is astounding to me. As I have said in the past, I wish this was the hardest thing I have ever done, so I would have an excuse for not doing it 20 years ago, but it isn't. It has been easy for the most part. The hardest part, probably, was coming to the place where I said I was going to do it.


I have gone from my starting point of 350 pounds (not my heaviest) to today's weight of 291 pounds.


The next wall to fall:


I was in my closet looking for clothes to wear a couple days ago. All my jeans and slacks fit me if I don't mind holding the extra 6 inches of waist material while I walk. Or, if I don't mind 6 inches or more of material bunched up under my belt. I did find one pair of khaki's that looked (in my eyes estimation) to be way too small. I checked the size and the tag read '50 waist'. "There is no way these will fit," I told myself.


So, I put them on, and to my amazement, they fit and fit right. A 50 !! No freaking way !!


So, the next wall to fall (since the 300 pound wall fell) is the 50 inch waist wall. I am looking forward to the day when my pants waist size will be in the 40's.


I am leaning against that wall now.


Pushing !!

2 comments:

Patrice and Higgins said...

YAY, way to go!! Keep up the great work!

Debbie said...

You go, Ron! What a great accomplishment.