Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Still Here


We all make mistakes 


Some end the conversation 

Some become the place 

where people choose to leave 


Life lies to us in those moments 

whispering that this 

is what we deserve —


a love measured by performance 

a mold we must fit 

or be discarded 


And when we slip 

when we fall short of the shape

someone else demanded 

we become—

in their eyes—

unlovable 


That lie feeds the old hunger:


we err 


we shrink 


we stop loving ourselves 


stop caring for the body

that carries our grief 


stop tending the soul

that still wants to live 


So I need you to stop 


Step outside the box

you were folded into 


See yourself as you are:

loved not despite your mistakes 

but including them 


Worthy of compassion 

Worthy of care 

Worthy of staying 


Stop 

Step out 


I am still here 

I am still loving 

I am still caring 


You are more than the moment

that tried to define you 


More than the choice

you wish you could take back 


More than the story

shame keeps trying to tell 


Reach out 


We are still here 


© Ron Simpson Jr. 

September 2, 2026 


No comments: