Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Time Doesn’t


Time heals all wounds 

Or this is what they say 

This they, who knows these things 

But, they lied about this one 


Time doesn’t 


It has been eighteen years 

Since we lost you suddenly 

Dwelling on this today 

Everything hurts like that day 


My heart is broken afresh 

My eyes cannot contain their tears 

Moving hurts 

Breathing hurts 

Just being hurts 


Time has 

filled my life 

added countless loves 

carried me from then til now 


Time has 

filled my photo albums 

saved precious keepsakes 

made a family 


I cannot disparage time 

For all the things it brought 

However, this one thing 

Time has not healed this wound 


Still 

Time will continue 

Tomorrow brings another opportunity 

Today I will fold this pain 

I will store it deeply inside 


I will give time another chance 

Perhaps, time will heal this wound 

Perhaps not 


Perhaps 

Time doesn’t 


© Ron Simpson Jr. 

June 21, 2023 


No comments: