Thursday, November 03, 2022

I Watched You Today


I watched you today 

From a respectable distance 

I watched your joy and sorrow 

I watched you struggle and abound 


I saw the harmony and discord of life 

Mirrored in the lines of your face 

Revealing a life abundantly well-lived 

With practiced faith and determination 


The briefest of moments

Where one could think 

Intervention might be necessary 

Arrived and departed unfulfilled 


I saw how you stood alone 

When you stood in a crowd 


I saw your strength 

Where you saw weakness 


I saw your light 

Where you saw the darkness 


I saw your joy 

Where you saw sorrow 


I saw your love 

Where you saw hatred 


I saw 

How you refused 

To reflect what you faced 

But rather, countered it 


I saw how you were needed 

Where you felt unnecessary 


I saw your comfort 

Where you saw pain 


I saw your gentleness 

Where you saw the hardness 


I watched you today 

And there I found 

Strength, Light, Joy, Happiness 

And most importantly

There, I found 

Love


© Ron Simpson Jr. 

November 3, 2022 

No comments: