Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Hear Me


We are all clamoring 

To be heard 

In some way 

Above the noise 

Of daily living 


Sometimes we yell 

Sometimes we cry 

Other times a soft sigh 

Or in a poem 

Or in a melody 


We have 

Something to say 

A message to be heard

A word fitly spoken 

So easily drowned 

By the sound of haste 

The hubbub of hurry 


Hear me 


Hear

The beatings of my heart 

The rushing waves of my soul 

The gentle rustlings of my thoughts 

Hear me 


Hear the smallness of my voice 

Belying the volume of my words 

Hear the rhythm of my libretto 

As they gently ease into your mind


Words 

Soft and slow

Hard and fast 

Loud and demanding 


HEAR ME 


Hear me 


Hear you 


Hear me softly

Hear me loudly 

Hear me

Know me 


Amongst the noise 

Above the tumult 

From the midst 

Of the pandemonium 


Incline your ear 


Hear me 


© Ron Simpson Jr. 

October 19, 2022 


No comments: