Saturday, February 13, 2021

A Curious Heart


Consider the human heart

The essential seat of life

A little off center anatomically 

Yet, dead center emotionally 


It is of this, quintessentially

I will address in this space

The curiosity of this repository 

Ever filling, ever flowing 


The unexplainable phenomenon 

Of overflowing but being never full

With the inflow of love from others

And the outflow of my love and passion


It is within this conundrum 

I find my growing love for you

For, although it flows relentlessly

It flourishes unceasingly 


The unfathomable love you share

Supports and feeds my heart 

As we travel through each day

On our way to forever together


You fill my life

You mirror my love

You live within

A curious heart


Happy Valentine’s Day 

© Ron Simpson Jr. 

February 14, 2021

1 comment:

Voo Shining Stone said...

so sweetly lovely....🎈