Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Passion


Passion burns 

Within my heart

Fire releases the pain 

Into the dark

And finds no hurt in love 


Let the fragrance

Of infinite tragedy

Become the core

Of our strength


We will break

From the hate 

Of this world 

And grow a love 

As true as poetry 


We will learn together 

The surprising of pleasures

We will lust 

We will discover 

We will weep 


But small

Into the stars 

We will live 

As though 

We are flowers 


We will bloom 

And one day 

We will wilt 

But when the day comes 

I will be there

Still lusting 

Still discovering 

Still finding hope 

And still loving you 

Like no other cause 


All I need is you 

Protecting the embers

Fanning the flame

Holding my hand

Embracing my heart

Forever will be a blink 

As long as we are together


© Ron Simpson Jr. 

October 13, 2020

No comments: